Reggie Wayne Calls Ray Lewis Dance On Final Play Disrespectful

Posted on Jan 8 2013 - 8:12am by glenn erby

reggie-wayne-ray-lewis

Ray Lewis played his final home game as a Baltimore Raven this past Sunday, and it was an emotional and thrilling event. There was Roger Goodell rushing to Baltimore to greet Lewis, tributes, and one final pregame “squirrel dance.”

Except it wasn’t the final squirrel dance he would do Sunday afternoon.  On the games final play the Ravens allowed Lewis to line up as the up back in the victory formation, and after the final kneel, Lewis broke out the squirrel dance once more.

Colts wide receiver and fellow Miami Hurricane Reggie Wayne didn’t take kindly to Lewis doing the dance again, and according to NFL.com Wayne felt Lewis was disrespectful in doing it on that final play.

“I saw it as disrespectful,” Wayne said Monday on WNDE-AM in Indianapolis. “They’d already had a tribute every quarter.”

I think Wayne is a little salty about his season being over.  If it was anyone else, yea I could see the fuss.  It’s the one and only Ray Lewis.

8 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. Brad O'Neill January 9, 2013 at 6:57 pm -

It was the most fitting gesture Ray Lewis could have done. I watched it and thought how great for him to give one last dance for the homefield crowd. To call it disrespectfull is disrespecting in itself.

• admin January 9, 2013 at 7:30 pm -

I agree. Reggie was salty even still on Monday it looks like.

2. Brooke January 9, 2013 at 7:36 pm -

I was at this game and all 71,000 people were chanting “WE WANT RAY” that is why Coach Harbaugh put him in because that is what the fans wanted. There was no disrespect to anyone and if the Colts took it that way then so be it and to the Colts and their fans, I say “SORRY ABOUT YOUR LUCK”!!!!

• admin January 9, 2013 at 7:40 pm -

I agree. I can see if it was in Indianapolis. Reggie just being salty

3. rex January 10, 2013 at 3:45 pm -

thought that was the dance he did when acquitted?

• admin January 10, 2013 at 4:01 pm -

lmao might have been the first time he did it

• Heime January 10, 2013 at 6:38 pm -

Let’s see, acquitted, from the latin “not guilty”. Get with it TRex

4. Heime January 10, 2013 at 6:39 pm -

And as for Wayne I say “cried the loser”