Sure fire Hall of Fame tight end Tony Gonzalez always left open a 5% chance he would return in 2013. Anytime Gonzalez was asked about his impending retirement, his answer was he was always 95% sure his career was finished.
Falcons general manager Thomas dimitroff has been hammering away at Gonzalez trying to get him to return for one more season, and thinks it’s 50-50 Gonzalez will come back.
ESPN reporter Ed Werder quoting a source close to the Falcons and Gonzalez, says “if the circumstances are right, Tony Gonzalez may return.”
Source says Tony Gonzalez wavering on retirement. A player close to him: "I think if the circumstances are right, Tony will come back.''
— Ed Werder (@Edwerderespn) February 19, 2013
circumstances to me sounds like more money. Gonzalez played for $3.9 million last year. One interested Scenario could take place after March 9, when other teams can then make an offer to Gonzalez.
Would a contender whose a sure handed tight end away, blow Gonzalez away with a strong offer? Only time will tell.Powered by Sidelines